- nakedgrandmas likes this
- firexandxice reblogged this from thecomposites
- nellblazer likes this
- mjdvr likes this
- unhappyandme likes this
- jennykiley likes this
- the-master-and-margarita likes this
- noiresque reblogged this from thecomposites
- miriember likes this
- dontbesillyo likes this
- scaremongerings reblogged this from thecomposites
- telecomtower likes this
- talewaggercreations reblogged this from thecomposites and added:
- eatenbytheocean reblogged this from thecomposites and added:
- nathanaelbooth reblogged this from thecomposites and added:
- breathingvioletfog likes this
- thecomposites posted this
Images created using a commercially available law enforcement composite sketch software and descriptions of literary characters. Read more on the project at The Atlantic.
After one year as a weekly project, The Composites went on a much-needed hiatus. It's now active again with new work posted monthly.
Created by Brian Joseph Davis. A co-founder of the website Joyland , his work has been recently included in Always Apprentices: The Believer magazine Presents Twenty-Two Conversations Between Writers. His music and art productions have been acclaimed by Wired, Pitchfork, Salon, and LA Weekly, which wrote, “Davis has an amazing head for aural experiments that are smart on paper and fascinating in execution.” He’s written for Utne, The Globe and Mail and The Believer.
The Composites book, now available