- plainjanefaye likes this
- coreyfalls likes this
- theshadiertwin likes this
- telecomtower likes this
- areyousureyouareintherightplace likes this
- welockedeyes reblogged this from thecomposites
- magadocious likes this
- its-cool-i-got-this likes this
- brevetcaptain likes this
- teroknortailor likes this
- pleaserespecturbansolitude reblogged this from thecomposites
- average-grief reblogged this from thecomposites
- helms-deep likes this
- joylandmagazine reblogged this from thecomposites
- un likes this
- of-shoes-of-ships-of-sealing-wax likes this
- lord-what-tools-these-mortals-be likes this
- thecomposites posted this
Images created using a commercially available law enforcement composite sketch software and descriptions of literary characters. Read more on the project at The Atlantic.
After one year as a weekly project, The Composites went on a much-needed hiatus. It's now active again with new work posted monthly.
Created by Brian Joseph Davis. A co-founder of the website Joyland , his work has been recently included in Always Apprentices: The Believer magazine Presents Twenty-Two Conversations Between Writers. His music and art productions have been acclaimed by Wired, Pitchfork, Salon, and LA Weekly, which wrote, “Davis has an amazing head for aural experiments that are smart on paper and fascinating in execution.” He’s written for Utne, The Globe and Mail and The Believer.
The Composites book, now available