- exapamicron reblogged this from thecomposites
- notvanilla likes this
- iamdawt likes this
- casarobot reblogged this from thecomposites
- rover-hendrix likes this
- theshadiertwin likes this
- markn likes this
- jcbouchard likes this
- saritacid likes this
- darlingotter likes this
- pomegranatesandchocolate likes this
- brevetcaptain likes this
- roygbeef likes this
- kiki-miserychic reblogged this from thecomposites
- chartsnthings likes this
- nujanes likes this
- weneedtotalkaboutkevinofeternia likes this
- loveulikeulicku likes this
- thecomposites posted this
Images created using a commercially available law enforcement composite sketch software and descriptions of literary characters. Read more on the project at The Atlantic.
After one year as a weekly project, The Composites went on a much-needed hiatus. It's now active again with new work posted monthly.
Created by Brian Joseph Davis. A co-founder of the website Joyland , his work has been recently included in Always Apprentices: The Believer magazine Presents Twenty-Two Conversations Between Writers. His music and art productions have been acclaimed by Wired, Pitchfork, Salon, and LA Weekly, which wrote, “Davis has an amazing head for aural experiments that are smart on paper and fascinating in execution.” He’s written for Utne, The Globe and Mail and The Believer.
The Composites book, now available